🍁  GoFetch | North Vancouver | Joanne Need Help? Email us or Call us at 1-844-GO-FETCH
Joanneʼs services

Boarding
from $35 / night
Your dog stays the night at Joanneʼs home
2 exercise walk(s) per day
Potty breaks every 2-4 hours
1 dogs
You bring food
Will only host dogs from one family at a time
Check-in 12 PM to 6 PM • Check-out 12 PM to 6 PM
Extra dog price:  $10
Available Extras
Can cater for special diets
Flexible check-in/out
about Joanne

My husband Bill and I are fortunate to live in a beautifully forested area of North Vancouver, and have been living in the same house for close to 25 years. We love nature and animals, and try to be considerate of Mother Earth in every way we can. After corporate restructuring in 2013 and finding myself in an early retirement situation, I decided to give back to the community and now volunteer for three organizations, my time being my own. Bill is semi retired so between us your dog can look forward to lots of attention. Within a 5 minute walk we're into a natural forest and park area where your dog will enjoy some quiet time sitting by the duck pond or wanting to chase the ducks! I grew up with cats and hamsters but it wasn't until we brought Zeus home from Mexico over 11 years ago that I realized I should have had a dog sooner. They give you unconditional love and express themselves in so many ways. I've done a lot of reading on animal health and nutrition and am a firm believer in feeding your best friend high quality foods either raw or kibble which keeps them out of the vet's office and living a healthy and happy life. I recently completed an online Veterinary Support Assistant Certification Course which includes first aid. Please note that I prefer to host dogs who are 3 years of age and up, and I have a 25 lb limit as my house is not large. Also I would appreciate your dog being manageable on a leash. I'm sure we'll be able to work together and be flexible on what rules you have for our guest i.e. our dog Zeus sleeps with us so if your Fido needs that, we'll be glad to accommodate, and if not, we'll respect that. I also like to send progress reports with photos and videos so that you can enjoy your trip even more knowing that they're in great hands.

Certifications & Training

Pet first aid certified
Will administer medicine

Extras

Will provide treats
Will provide toys

Dog Guest Requirements

Small

1-20 lbs

Medium

20-40 lbs

Large

40-80 lbs

X-Large

80+ lbs

Only vaccinated dogs
Only spayed/neutered dogs
Will NOT Care For Puppies
Will Care For Seniors
about Joanneʼhome

We have a nice sized fenced yard for a small dog to run around in, always with supervision. If your dog doesn't like going out for walks in the rain, we can exercise in the house and play games like hide and go seek, finding treats, and easy ball playing on carpeted areas only. Relaxing in front of the fireplace or lying on the couch under a blankie is nice too.

House
Fenced yard
Dogs can roam entire home
Smoke-free environment
Dogs allowed on furniture
Dogs allowed on bed
Resident Pets

Zeus

Chihuahua Cross

Male

Neutered

Small

(1-20lbs)

I'm a 13 lb Mexican chihuahua with an attitude and just love my life here in the woods in North Vancouver where I can visit the ducks by the duck pond and walk around our natural forest. Back home I have a great fenced yard that I would love to run around with another dog, and by the way, I just love other chi's and other smaller dogs.

11 reviews

Susan

Boarding - June 2017

Joanne provided superb live-in care for my dog Browser for over 30 days while we were away in Europe. After several meetings, I found her to be a professional and caring dog owner with a dog friendly home and a well-secured yard. She is a canine enthusiast with a wealth of knowledge on the subject. I had every confidence that Browser would be well cared for before leaving for my travels. Joanne sent pictures and videos of Browser to me periodically and when the time came to bring him home, Browser was happy to see me but not in a hurry to leave! It was obvious that he is content in Joanne’s home. I plan to engage Joanne to look after my dog again in the future.

12 y/o - Schnauzer/Poodle cross

Small 1-20 lbs Male

David

Boarding - August 2017

I am delighted to say that this is the most excellent caring accommodation we have ever found for our dog. This is now our #1 choice by far.

6 y/o - Chihuahua

Small 1-20 lbs Male

Darcy

Boarding - August 2017

Joanne and her husband are LOVELY and I would absolutely use them again. They are caring and friendly and I knew my pups were in good hands. She sent us an update a few hours after dropping them off, to set our minds at ease. Their place has a lovely fenced yard with no places to escape (my dogs will try!) and they back onto green space so your dog will have a lovely adventure.

7 y/o - Norfolk Terrier

Small 1-20 lbs Male

3 y/o - mutt

Small 1-20 lbs Male

Susan

Boarding - September 2017

Couldn't ask for a more caring and reliable sitter than Joanne.

Small 1-20 lbs Male

Susan

Boarding - October 2017

We were fortunate that Joanne looked after B with a day's notice. She is our go to Sitter!

Small 1-20 lbs Male

Dave

Boarding - November 2017

Joanne and her husband are total Dog lovers and i know our dogs were very well cared for. :)

11 y/o - Beagle

Small 1-20 lbs Male

3 y/o - Chihuahua

Small 1-20 lbs Female

Corinne

Boarding - December 2017

I found Joanne through GoFetch, as I was looking for someone to take care of our rescue dog Finnegan, a 4 year old terrier x , while my partner and I vacationed in Belize for 2 weeks. Joanne, her husband Bill, their dog Zeus, Finn, and I met a few weeks prior to my vacation, so we and our dogs could meet, and Finn could have a one night trial sleepover. Joanne and I took the dogs for a long walk, and while we were visiting in Joanne's home after our walk, Finn played with toys and was very relaxed, which was a good sign. His sleepover went well and I was very relieved to have found a great environment for him, especially since we had rescued him only a few months earlier. While Finn was there for 2 weeks, Joanne sent me regular emails and pictures, and let me know that he was was eating, playing and doing really well. Even though Joanne's home has a lovely yard, she took Finn for a long walk in the forest every day, even when it was raining, which I really appreciated, as he is used to being walked several times a day. When I returned to pick him up, he looked very comfortable in Joanne and Bill's home, and he was playing with toys and just hanging out with their family. I am so happy that I have found a "home away from home" for Finnegan, where I know he will be well taken care of and treated like a member of Joanne's family! I would highly recommend Joanne to anyone who is looking for someone to entrust their furry family member to. Her warmth, caring and humour are wonderful, and Finnegan and I have both gained a friend.

4 y/o - Terrier x

Small 1-20 lbs Male

Ginette

Boarding - December 2017

Joanne, her husband Bill and their dog Zeus all seem to have gotten along for my Bijou"s four nights stay with them. I hope that my Toy Poodle and their Chi wawa became friends so that they might enjoy each other's company again. Joanne sent me a couple of pictures of Bijou who seemed quite content. Thanks Waddington family for taking good care of Bijou.

5 y/o - Toy Poodle

Small 1-20 lbs Female

Emmy

Boarding - January 2018

We’re very happy Joanne and Bill took a great care of Cookie. They are lovely and reliable. We will definitely ask for their help again.

11 y/o - Maltipoo

Small 1-20 lbs Male

Dave

Boarding - January 2018

Joanne is great. Clearly loves dogs and gave great feedback on the dogs stay each time we have left our dogs with her. Already have our next holiday booked and the pup is booked back in with Joanne ????

3 y/o - Chihuahua

Small 1-20 lbs Female

Shari

Boarding - February 2018

Joanne was very accommodating and relaxed, and it is clear to us that she and her husband are very caring of their furry guests. Our little dog was left in good hands - she seemed to have settled in nicely and came back to us happy. Joanne provided us with an update after the first day of our dog's two day stay, which we really appreciated. We would have no hesitation connecting with Joanne again. Thank you. P.S. - Zeus also seems like a lovely little chap and was good at putting up with our dog's shenanigans!

1 y/o - Chihuahua cross

Small 1-20 lbs Female

Map Data
Map data ©2018 Google
BESbswy
Map data ©2018 Google