Potty breaks every 2-4 hours
6 dogs
Open: 07:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Extra dog price: $15
Transportation
$10/ one-way ride
Claire Is willing to travel up to 30kms
about Claire

Bonjour! My name is Claire McIsaac, I'm a professional dog handler from Vancouver, BC. I have an extensive history in pet retail and nutrition, over ten years experience working with service dogs, three years handling dogs in a dog daycare environment, and a lifetime of family dogs. I keep up to date certification with Walks n' Wags, the national leaders in pet first aid. I have been trained in positive reinforcement and clicker training, and use these exclusively for working on behaviour and obedience. I have experience walking up to six large dogs at a time, and have regularly supervised a group of thirty canines of all breeds (I am more than happy to work with ALL breeds of dogs), sizes and temperaments. I've also worked extensively with shy and reactive dogs. While the joyful chaos of thirty dogs is exciting, I would love the opportunity to establish a one-on-one relationship with the dogs I work with. I'm open and flexible with my schedule, I have a pet friendly vehicle and am happy to travel to you. While I'm new to Montreal, I am so excited to explore these beautiful neighbourhoods and parks with your dog! If you think I might be a good fit for you and your dog, please contact me at anytime; I'm happy to provide glowing references and proof of certification. Thanks so much for your time, I hope to hear from you soon! You can check out all the fun stuff my dogs and I get up to on Instagram @clairescanines or on Facebook @clairescanines

Certifications & Training

Pet first aid certified
Will bathe dogs
Dog CPR certified
Will administer medicine

Extras

Will provide treats
Will provide toys

Dog Guest Requirements

Small

1-20 lbs

Medium

20-40 lbs

Large

40-80 lbs

X-Large

80+ lbs

OK with unvaccinated dogs
OK with unspayed/neutered dogs
Will Care For Puppies
Will Care For Seniors
about Claireʼhome

I live in a spacious semi-basement two bedroom apartment in NDG with direct access to the outside. Taking care of your dog is my only job, so they will never be left alone longer than four hours, before which they will have at least an hour long walk. My neighborhood has wide, grass lined sidewalks and huge shady oak trees, with lots of parks and friendly dogs around to say hello to! I have a reliable, pet friendly truck all ready to go for adventures outside of the city. I also have a three-year-old, dog-savvy cat who is used to sharing her space. Pictures and videos will be posted every day on my Instagram and Facebook, @clairescanines, so you can see all the adventures we get up to. Please see my Bio for details on my professional experience, certifications and philosophies.

Apartment
No yard
Dogs can roam entire home
Smoke-free environment
Dogs allowed on furniture
Dogs allowed on bed
8 reviews

Audrey

Boarding - March 2017

Lucy had a wonderful time with Claire. When I picked her up she was relaxed and happy, she had vacationed in a doggy paradise! Lucy is a little anxious with strangers but she took to Claire right away, became friends with their family dog. Claire is very knowledgeable about and obviously loves dogs, I have no hesitation in recommending her and hope to have Lucy stay with her again.

9 y/o - Mixed breed

Large 40-80 lbs Female

richard

Boarding - May 2017

dodger thoroughly enjoyed his time with claire, as did i thanks claire

8 y/o - chocolate lab

Large 40-80 lbs Male

Stephanie

Boarding - May 2017

Claire is such a wonderful spirit. I am so happy that I found her. She is extremely skilled, loves animals, and my rescue lab was right at home when I dropped her off. She is very responsible, great communication and I really know that my pooch is in great hands. I can't wait to book our next stay with Claire! Thank you Claire.

1 y/o - Labrador Retriever

Medium 20-40 lbs Female

ANDREW

Boarding - July 2017

Claire was very responsive, kept me updated on the dog, exhausted him and bathed him. I would definitely trust her with my dog any day!

1 y/o - Labrador Retriever

Medium 20-40 lbs Male

Shin

Boarding - August 2017

Claire is a wonderful pet sitter who made me feel at ease about leaving my hooligans under her care. As a previous pet professional with two young, high energy dogs, I had a lot of anxiety about leaving my pups under the care of anyone else. Claire was extremely accommodating, and let me needle her with questions for weeks, and even agreed to meet myself and my dogs, even before the planned date. We found out that we had a lot in common when it comes to training and general animal husbandry philosophy. If there's anyone you can trust, it's her! Her patience, knowledge, and her love of dogs really shows. Ruby and Mei had a great time with her. Thanks so much, Claire!

1 y/o - Australian Shepherd

Medium 20-40 lbs Female

1 y/o - Australian Shepherd

Medium 20-40 lbs Female

Kyle

House Sitting - September 2017

Claire is not only a professional, but someone who truly loved and cared for our puppies. Cannot thank you enough for having taken such good care of our girls and they are so excited for your next visit. PS: Claire takes amazing Instagram pictures

renee

House Sitting - September 2017

Reliable Dogs love her. House as I left it. Discreet

Evelyne

House Sitting - January 2018

We were absolutely and with no doubt 100% satisfied with Claire house sitting our dog Turbo for 6 days. When we first interviewed Claire we were convinced that she would be a great fit since she immediately showed a great extend of knowledge, experience, and understanding and patience with Turbo (being a recent adoptee Turbo is not the easiest character). Claire distinguishes herself by being very interested, provident, accommodating and in general going the extra mile. E.g. we had to leave our apartment at 2 am and she was there to provide Turbo with the highest amount of comfort in that stressful situation. She also did not hesitate to accompany Turbo to a difficult vet appointment during our absence. She always made sure that he kept his routine and that he was adequately walked and engaged during the day. How do we know? Well, she always made sure that we were properly informed about what was going on with pictures, text messages, and Instagram updates without us even having to ask for an update. We can't really think of anything that we would have liked to be handled differently. 10 out of 10.

Map Data
Map data ©2018 Google
BESbswy
Map data ©2018 Google